Everybody loves a well-cooked turkey. Turkey has a soft, juicy and tasty meat. Many people do not know of baked turkey. You can use your grill oven to make a baked turkey. A baked is turkey is succulent and very delicious. Thanksgiving parties can never be complete without a baked turkey. You might have been wanting to prepare a baked turkey in your next gathering but have never know how to do it. Worry not! We got you covered.
We seek to educate you about grilling and various ingenious ways of cooking meat. We want to make you an expert when it comes to cooking meat. This is a great baked turkey recipe that you could use in your next party. Your friends and families will certainly enjoy the meal if they love to eat turkey. Tag along and let’s make you a master in preparing a baked turkey.
Baked Turkey Recipe
You are going to need the following ingredients to make your baked turkey.
- 2 tablespoons of dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons of rubbed dried sage
- 2 tablespoons of dried thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper
- 2 tablespoons ground dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1 whole turkey with the neck and giblets chopped off
- 2 stalks of celery
- 1 orange
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 can of chicken broth
- 1 bottle of champagne
Get all the ingredients together and get ready to prepare a great baked turkey. Chop the celery, onions, and carrots, and slice the orange into wedges.
- Prepare the oven. Ensure the oven is clean and preheat it to 350 degrees F. Lay aluminum foil all over the turkey roaster, and ensure it is large enough to cover the whole turkey.
- As the oven preheats, mix all the parsley, sage, thyme leaves, lemon pepper, rosemary, and salt in a bowl and stir thoroughly, until they are mixed well. Rub the mixture into the cavity of the turkey, and then stuff the celery, oranges, onion, and carrot in it.
- Place the turkey on the roasting pan and pour the chicken broth and champagne over it. Ensure some champagne goes into the cavity as well. Cover the turkey with an aluminum cover and secure it well. Ensure the foil does not touch the skin, breast or legs of the turkey.
- Bake the turkey in the oven for 3 hours, until it is no longer pink on the bone. Remove the foil and bake for 30 more minutes. Let the skin turn golden brown. The turkey’s cooked temperature should be 180 degrees F, at the thickest part of the turkey.
Once you are satisfied it is done. Remove it from the oven, and cover it well with an aluminum foil. Allow it to simmer for 15 minutes before you slice it. The turkey continues cooking even after you have removed it from the oven, allow it to finish cooking and cool down a little bit.